Neurosurgery is a surgical specialty involving the operative and non-operative management of various disorders affecting the brain, spinal cord and nervous system. Our complex program encompass brain tumors, neurovascular diseases, functional disorders, pain, trauma and other complex conditions requiring neurosurgical intervention for adults. We offer the full spectrum of treatment options and are developing promising protocols for neurological diseases that are extremely difficult to treat with conventional therapies.
Advanced Neuroscience Network Physicians’ neurosurgeons treat the full range of conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord and nerves. We offer adults medical and surgical care for:
- Brain and Pituitary Tumors, Including Endoscopic Approaches
- Cerebral Vascular Aneurysm and AV Malformation
- Complex Spine Revision Surgery and Instrumented Reconstruction
- Cranial and Spinal Trauma
- Navigated Brain Tumor Resection and Radio Surgery (Gamma Knife, Cyber Knife, Edge)
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus (Shunts)
- Pain Management
- Peripheral Nerve
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Spinal Deformity Correction/Scoliosis
- Spine-Tumors and Degenerative Pathology, including Complex and Minimally Invasive Approaches
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation and Mapping/Resection of Epileptogenic Foci
Meet Our Doctors
Dr. Jessica Okun was the administrative chief neurological surgery resident of the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM). Dr. Okun specializes in brain and pituitary tumors, epilepsy surgery, including endoscopic approaches as well as cranial and spine trauma, degenerative spinal pathology, including minimally invasive and complex approaches. She is on staff at Florida Medical Center, a campus of North Shore located in Fort Lauderdale and sees patients in her office in Sunrise.
For her education and training, Dr. Okun finished a neurological surgery residency at PCOM and her surgical transitional internship at Mercy Health System in Philadelphia. She graduated medical school with highest honors as a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) from the Nova Southeastern University College of Medicine in Fort Lauderdale and Summa Cum Laude with a Master of Science (MS) in Biomedical Sciences from Barry University in Miami.